Before Side View
Before Front View
1970 Chevy C10
Chevy C10 Forums
- Caffeine & Octane is a local Atlanta car show that happens on the 1st Sunday of the month from 8 to 11 AM at Perimeter Mall. It is at the corner of Perimeter Center West and Ashford-Dunwoody Rd. They also have a Facebook page.
- Summit Racing in McDonough, GA has a "Monday Night Cruise" - which is really a car show, from 6 to 8 PM. This is not every Monday, so go to their website and look at the calendar for details.
- The Southeastern Truck Nationals in Goodlettsville, TN is held in July. It has Chevy & GM trucks only, and is a great place to see these trucks and talk to owners about their trucks.
- The Hot Rod Power Tour is held for 7 days in June each year. It is basically a moving car show, and there are plenty of Chevy trucks at each stop.
Shops in Atlanta
- Contemporary Auto Restoration is a shop that did the brake and suspension install on my truck. I met Dave Caffey, the owner, at Caffeine & Octane about 2 weeks after I bought the truck. He was showing a 1967 C10 that he had restored for a customer. During his restoration, he added power steering and updated the brakes. Dave's shop specializes in making older vehicles (1950-1970's) into everyday drivers by updating the brakes, steering, suspension and engine accessories and drive belt systems, among other things. If you look at the pictures of the suspension and brakes on my truck, you can see the excellent work that this shop does.
- Gran Turismo East is a tire & alignment shop in Atlanta. A lot of high end car clubs recommend this shop, and a lot of racers use it. I bought my tires there and had them mounted and balanced on the wheels. And I had the alignment done there after the brake and suspension work was finished.
Note: These are vendors that I used for major parts or used for many parts. Other vendors are listed on the individual pages where I used them.
- Jegs and Summit Racing have most major brands of general and performance auto parts.
- SpeedHut has great gauges, with features that you may not find without spending about double for the gauges. I love the 270 degree sweep gauges with a built in warning light, and I loved that I was able to pick a speedometer and tachometer with a range that I liked.
- Early Classic has high quality restoration parts. You can call them and discuss what you want to do, since they specialize in 60-72 Chevy trucks.
- Lokar makes high quality shift levers, pedals, brake, engine and transmission accessories.
- PB Fab makes very high quality chassis & suspension parts. Nate Porter is really helpful if you have questions.
- Kore3 has great brake upgrades and parts. Tobin Knighton is very knowledgeable and easy to work with. I used their front brakes, and would have used a rear kit from them if they made one.
- Allens Fasteners is a great source for ARP and other specialty fasteners. They enable you to buy individual fasteners at reasonable prices.
© Mark 2014-2019.
This page last updated Aug 2018.