Before Side View
Before Front View
1970 Chevy C10 Pickup
- Replaced original Rochester Quadrajet 4 barrel carburetor with a Quick Fuel SS-680-VS carburetor.
- Replaced original radiator with an aluminum one.
- Replaced original battery cables and starter.
- Replaced inside rear view mirror, since the silvering was going bad. I also installed outside rear view mirrors.
- New wheels and tires have been put on.
- The rear axle got a limited slip with 3.42 gears.
- The front steering box has been changed out for one with a faster ratio.
- The suspension has been redone, with 2" dropped spindles in front and 2" shorter springs in back.
- New braking system has been installed. This includes disc brakes and a new power booster and proportioning valve.
- The exhaust has been updated. The ram horn exhaust manifolds have been painted. And 2 1/4" dual exhaust pipes have been fitted with a fitting for an oxygen sensor.
- The front serpentine belt system has been installed on original engine.
- Replaced dash pad, armrests, and put new inner and outer door latch handles and new window crank handles on.
- Rewired the truck.
- Installed Vintage Air system.
I'm currently installing a new seat cover & fixing the seat adjustment mechanism. I'm also installing carpet & installing an electric fuel pump.
Work left to do, roughly in the sequence that it will be done:
- Have the steering column shifter detent fixed.
- Replace the engine and transmission.
- Repaint the truck and replace the front windshield.
© Mark 2014-2018.
This page last updated Nov 2018.