Before Side View
Before Front View
1970 Chevy C10
I intend to keep the exterior mostly stock. The C10 was originally color #534, which is a two tone 504 medium olive green with a 521 white cab top, The outside had been painted red with a white top. The interior painted surfaces were still the original medium olive green.
- The doors had no outside mirrors, so I got new "sport mirrors" from Early Classic and installed them. These are reproductions of stock mirrors, and I found that the passenger side mirror was not very useful because it was flat and had a very narrow rear view. I got a convex passenger side mirror from LMC Truck. This mirror an improvement, but not perfect.
- I got a new lock set from Early Classic and installed them. Now my door locks and ignition use the same key.
- The front windshield had a few cracks in it, and it had started to cloud around the edges where the glass was delaminating. I had an auto glass shop look at replacing the windshield, but they told me that the sheet metal under the windshield gasket was too rusty to allow replacement. They told me that a body shop would have to prep the metal and paint it before a new windshield could be installed. So this will not be fixed until I get new paint.
- The roll down windows in the doors had worn out channel gaskets and seals, and water had been getting into the doors because of that. The inside of both doors had a lot of rust. And rust had eaten a little of the threshold plates in the body just below the doors. None of this rust could be seen with the doors closed, but it will need to be fixed eventually. I will likely replace both doors with shells from Auto Metal Direct.
- I will have the truck repainted. The likely colors are the original medium olive green with a white top. The medium olive is Chevy 504 (Ditzler 2097) and the white top is Chevy 521 (Ditzler PPG 2185).
- I will have spray-in bedliner put in the bed.
© Mark 2014-2019.
This page last updated Sept 2018.